OcsInventory NG ( http://www.ocsinventory-ng.org) is a software, developed by a french team that allows to inventory all the things that are attached to your network, PCs, Routers, Switches, Network Printers and everything that has a mac-address
- Ocs inventory is compoed by two parts, a server and an agent.
- The server-side of Ocs Inventory is built with a 3 tier technology.
- The first tier is the communication server, that receives data from clients trough the agent.
- Communcation server takes the data and puts it into a database.
- The second tier is the deployment server, basically a repository of files.
- The last tier is the application server, the management interface of Ocs Inventory.
These 4 components can be hosted on a single computer or on different computers to allow load balancing. Above 10000 inventoried computers, we recommend using at least 2 physical servers, one hosting database server + Communication server and the other one hosting a database replica + Administration server + Deployement server.